We are OPEN for worship on Sundays at 10:30 a.m. In accordance with CDC regulations and the State of Kentucky, Trinity Hill UMC is taking recommended precautions so members can safely attend. We will also continue to offer online services as well, for those who choose to remain home until further notice. Thank you for your continued support and God Bless.
In-Person Worship Service
Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”
Joshua 1:9 (NIV)
Meeting for in-person worship service while keeping us all safe and healthy.
Greetings to our family, friends, and first-time visitors:
Trinity Hill UMC is committed to meeting safely for in-person services during this 2020 COVID-19 pandemic! If you are unable to attend in-person for any reason, we will still have our services available online.
Starting on October 4th, our production staff will transition from pre-recorded services to live-streaming via our public Facebook group and website. If you have questions or concerns, please connect with us via our online contact form.
For Communion during our Sunday service, individual communion kits are available for those not attending in-person worship services. You may pick one up at the church prior to service. Please contact our office if you are planning to use one of our kits for an upcoming Communion Sunday.
If you plan on attending our in-person worship services on Sundays at 10:30 a.m., please review the guidelines below prior to attending.
Guidelines for In-Person Worship Service
We understand that as a society, we are deeply polarized in our opinions of what should and should not be expected of the individual during this time. Our Leadership Team has prayerfully taken your surveys into consideration, and put together a list of guidelines that we believe will allow for the safest possible environment for all who wish to return to the house of the Lord for in-person worship.
Wherever you may personally stand on this issue, our hope is to prayerfully join together as the body of Christ, eager to worship our God who is worthy and unite as a community in intentional respect of one another. Let us take this opportunity to share the love of Christ with the world by loving one another, as well as His church.
In order to provide an environment that is safe for all, we ask that church members abide by the following while attending Sunday morning worship.
For The Individual:
- Please maintain 6 feet of social distance wherever you go inside the church as well as in the parking lot.
- As difficult as it may be, we ask that church members kindly refrain from physical contact (hugging, shaking hands, etc.) as a safety measure for all attending.
- We ask that all members of school-age or older wear face masks at all times. Masks will be provided on-site if needed. For the safety of others, if you do not wear a mask, we will politely ask that you wear one or leave the area.
- Take care and be vigilant about hand and face hygiene while in service.
- Sanitize your hands when entering and exiting the worship space. Sanitizing stations will be provided.
- We recommend that you bring your personal bible as all bibles and hymnals have been removed from the Sanctuary pews at this time.
Maintaining Clean Spaces:
- We will clean/sanitize the Sanctuary before and after gathering for each worship service.
- We will have designated sanitizer stations.
- Tithes and Offerings can be placed in the offering plates as you exit the Sanctuary at the close of the service.
- Open restrooms will have a capacity of one occupant for the time being.
As a Body:
- We will have two entrances/exits to the church to limit contamination areas. The doors to the playground area and front breezeway entrance will be the only ones available at this time. They will be propped open for a no-contact entrance and exit. All other entrances to the church will be locked.
- Attendees will be seated in the Sanctuary by family/household, and will be spaced out to every other pew with a distance of 6 feet between groups seated in the same pew.
- At the close of the service, each row will be dismissed one at a time to allow for appropriate social distancing.
- Microphones will not be passed from person to person during our normal Praise and Petitions time.
- Nurseries and Sunday Schools will not be open and available at this time.